Binge Eating Disorder
Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is one of the most common eating disorders. It is commonly defined as eating a large amount of food in a short period of time, while also experiencing a loss of control over eating, shame, distress or guilt afterwards.
Some warning signs and symptoms of BED may include:
- Feeling uncomfortable eating in public and/or around others
- Eating large amounts of food in short periods of time
- Frequent dieting, fad diets cutting out entire food groups (no sugar, no carbs, no dairy)
- Stealing or hoarding food in strange places
- Making time for binge sessions
- Feelings of disgust, depression, or guilt after overeating
- Fluctuations in weight
- Feeling the lack of control over the ability to stop eating
- Withdrawal from usual friends and activities
Your Body on a Binge
Please remember this information is intended for educational purposes only and should not substitute medical advice from a healthcare provider.